Wednesday, July 23, 2008
looking like death warmed up.
Okay, as part of my research for "Telling the Truth" I was looking up stuff about Pauline Hanson, and came across this interview on a Jewish SBS show. The reason why it struck me the most was that the interviewer asked a lot of pertinent questions.

listen to it here: (it's a bit long).

The more I listen, the more I wonder how the hell this woman ever got ANY seat in Parliament at all. None of her arguments make sense; her only defense and reason behind her opinions are, "I am a proud Australian who does not want to see this country divided," or, "I have no problems with immigrants keeping their own culture and religion, as long as they give this country their undivided loyalty."

So why do you strive to eliminate multiculturalism?


Even more absurd is the way she puts a price on multiculturalism. She blames all of the country's foreign debt on multiculturalism and actually says, "Multiculturalism in this country costs us about a billion dollar a year," WTF? Where the hell did she get that from? And it absolutely contradicts any sense of logic. Apparently, those costs accrue "through the tax system," but she does not name her source of information.

The biggest problem I have with this woman is not her racism, but more her lack of sense of reason, her contradictory claims and the obvious lack of thought given to what exactly she is striving for. I mean, she uses the terms 'proud Australian' and 'undivided loyalty' in almost every single response, but she fails to define what they actually mean.

I've read her maiden speech and a few of her interviews, and I still can't decide what exactly she stands for. The most obvious one would be a homogeneous society of Christian Caucasians, and where all immigrants would be required to completely assimilate. But when this is proposed to her, she immediately denies it, and adds she enjoys eating Chinese food. If she was actually able to prove and explain how multiculturalism ruins this country, I would vote for her and hop on the next plane back to China.


And although I can't say on behalf of my parents exactly why we left China, I know that it's definitely not because we despised our culture. So don't tell me that we came to Australia clearly to escape our culture, and therefore shouldn't reintroduce it in Australia.

I've noticed that our blog has become kind of pictureless and more of a "ventspot", like Susanna suggested. Continuing my vent, I've just wasted another evening on the internet.

Think I shall take a break now, so no blogging till end of trials (unless something interesting comes up, which is highly unlikely given the amount of time I sit at a desk staring at a blank piece of paper.)

x toodlies.
this is the word of jenny.tee as at 10:54 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At July 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Blogger ♥ jaejae ♥ said…

    Hey Jenny! Hahha I remember visiting this blog sometime in the beginning of the year~ Surprised that you guys blog so often XD

    Anyway, yeah I read her maiden speech to parliament a while back too. She contradicts herself so much in one sentence that it just cracks me up now. "I am not racist; I believe we are in danger of being swamped by asians.."

    lol I actually find Pauline Hanson speeches much more interesting than Kevin Rudd/ John Howard's..><

     
  • At August 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! We don't know each other but i linked onto ur blog through Betty's... and I just can't pass by without saying "Hear, hear!!!" to your cool blog.
    xx grace (from nsg...ask betty)
    PS good luck for trials

     
Post a Comment

vanity is fair.
this was jenny.tee and moey's blog from October 2007 - October 2008.

Click here to go to our current blog.


rewind.
  • break (it) down.
  • dexter.
  • populate and perish
  • mixtape.
  • confession: i dance in my chair so i can feel like...
  • black black vinyl.
  • my brain: c*ub@#fvkuASDFg(&97
  • Sometimes I find myself, sitting back and reminisc...
  • If there had been cracks in the glass ceiling, its...
  • the steg: some say he's afraid of trees, and of au...
  • when we were young.
    ★CHALK AND CHEESE
    ☆ TELL ME IT'S DIFFERENT
    ★THE BEDROOM
    ☆ IT'S NOTHING BUT A LIE ---------------------------
    DEADFLEURETTE
    LULU
    PAULINE
    UNE FILLE COMME MOI
    THE CHERRY BLOSSOM GIRL
    POLKADOTS VODKASHOTS
    ARVIDA
    CHILDHOOD FLAMES
    LISA PLACE
    GILLE KRIVICH
    THAT'S JUST MY VIBE
    AWOW
    THE SARTORIALIST
    FACE HUNTER --------------------------
    ☆JENNY TEE'S WISH/TO BUY LIST
    ★ MOEY'S WISH/TO BUY LIST
    designed. suckmylolly.com
    [original template here]

    customised.
    jenny.tee

    header photo from. theskullset.com