Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I'm out to treat this like the sky's no limit.
After watching a short piece on the news last night on how the current economic crisis has meant a lot more people were depending on soup kitchens for their meals, I decided that I'm going to volunteer at one during the two weeks after the HSC.

I mean, there's only so much shopping you can do in Sydney, and since I finish my job at the pharmacy on the 11 Nov, it'll be a good way to keep myself from becoming a piece of lard and to do some good at the same time.

Why soup kitchen? Well since I'm only going to be able to do it for two weeks before I leave for holidays and then for China for a year, there's only a few kinds of volunteering I can do.

I can't really do anything that needs professional skills (can't even train for it since I won't have time) ; door knocking sounds scary; don't have enough experience to do promoting awareness type of stuff; and don't want to go help out at Vinnies stores because I have a feeling that I'll just be standing there smelling BO for the whole day. I know soup kitchens aren't going to be what you call fun, but at least you actively help people, and I guess it'll be more satisfying.

I can hear you guys saying, "BUT JENNY YOU CAN'T COOK.!" but I bet I know enough for a soup kitchen, it's not a three hatted restaurant. Anyways I don't
have to cook.

A quick google search showed that there was one at St Canice church in Kings Cross. Erm. So I tried to search for other ones, but I couldn't find any other listed ones. There were plenty of people who asked about it on forums etc, but either it wasn't in the right area, no one replied, or the person replying was obviously a friend and was like, "I'll PM you about it tonight." Dude, why so secretive about a SOUP KITCHEN?
Sharing is caring (especially in this case).
But I know Salvation Army does them too, it's just that they don't list each of them on their site so I'm going to call them.

So. Who wants to come? =)
(it looks good on resumes etc too.!)
this is the word of jenny.tee as at 8:53 PM -
7 Comments:
Post a Comment

vanity is fair.
this was jenny.tee and moey's blog from October 2007 - October 2008.

Click here to go to our current blog.


rewind.
  • Stop and stare. I think I'm moving but I go nowhere.
  • bang bang on the lawn, from dusk till dawn.
  • easy as pie.
  • Divided by colour, bound by blood.
  • the hypocritical one
  • "unmarried chicken"
  • 1 more month left. Oh yeah.
  • Koreans eat Chinese food because Korea is connecte...
  • midnight rambles.?
  • things to remember
  • when we were young.
    ★CHALK AND CHEESE
    ☆ TELL ME IT'S DIFFERENT
    ★THE BEDROOM
    ☆ IT'S NOTHING BUT A LIE ---------------------------
    DEADFLEURETTE
    LULU
    PAULINE
    UNE FILLE COMME MOI
    THE CHERRY BLOSSOM GIRL
    POLKADOTS VODKASHOTS
    ARVIDA
    CHILDHOOD FLAMES
    LISA PLACE
    GILLE KRIVICH
    THAT'S JUST MY VIBE
    AWOW
    THE SARTORIALIST
    FACE HUNTER --------------------------
    ☆JENNY TEE'S WISH/TO BUY LIST
    ★ MOEY'S WISH/TO BUY LIST
    designed. suckmylolly.com
    [original template here]

    customised.
    jenny.tee

    header photo from. theskullset.com