Tuesday, November 4, 2008
losses and finds.

having experienced 4 days of freedom i began to think back to school life and all the things i'll never ever have to do again, like:

be stampeded, wear ill fitting uniforms, worry about my lack of compass skills (or maths skills in general), wake up 'early', collect late/absence/permission slips... the kinds of things no one will miss : )

but then my list turned all nostalgic on me and my smile started to fade as i realised that leaving school means i'll also no longer:
..
take advantage of free transport (hah. but this sucks for the new school kids too), act childish without fear/embarassment/guilt, loiter, have 'frees', enjoy cheap bottled water, have packed lunches in ugly 'cute' boxes with a big crowd of friends, trash m7, kick people out of rooms because my friends and i are the number 1 priority within an institution, eat copious amounts of food to relieve stress/studies, not clean my room for months on end, sit aimlessly because "i'm thinking dammit..."

the sad things keep growing on me - but ill stop all the whinging and think about my gains, like FREEDOM, aging and...contacts! (look who joined the bandwagon)



another find today was fashion toast. when i first took a peak and scrolled through all the loveliness i laughed because i saw this and thought 'hah clearly this woman remains imperfect!' (often when i wear jackets, it's to hide ugly necklines/seams etc)




unfortunately i had to do a double take because i scrolled to find the dress inside was equally as beautiful.



(although the jealous me continues to snide that maybe an ugly neckline hides behind all that hair!)

now im just waiting to find a beautiful dress to call my own..

x

this is the word of moey as at 9:34 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At November 5, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Blogger Slothie said…

    I know what you mean Moey, I'm gonna miss SGH and class of '08 so much also I'm beginning to feel my brain is turning into spaghetti...

    OMG everyone is getting contacts except me, this sucks :p
    (It's coz normal contacts don't correct my 'shadow/double effect on vision' in my left eye--born with many defects)

     
  • At November 5, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Blogger jenny.tee said…

    add to that list:
    Using the 'but I'm doing my HSC' excuse to get out of anything.

    skipping assembly to... do maths HW. Sooo gangster.

    Ms Young's talks about boyfriends. 'sexy is not showing them everything. sexy is showing them nothing but making them imagine everything.'

    and I found Rumi ages ago too but it's not really my style and it's not like we have similar body shapes lol. But she's still cool. =)

     
Post a Comment

vanity is fair.
this was jenny.tee and moey's blog from October 2007 - October 2008.

Click here to go to our current blog.


rewind.
  • how do you say ADHD in Indian?
  • It's time to decrypt the cryptic-ness.We are ditch...
  • live it. love it. leave it.
  • I'm out to treat this like the sky's no limit.
  • Stop and stare. I think I'm moving but I go nowhere.
  • bang bang on the lawn, from dusk till dawn.
  • easy as pie.
  • Divided by colour, bound by blood.
  • the hypocritical one
  • "unmarried chicken"
  • when we were young.
    ★CHALK AND CHEESE
    ☆ TELL ME IT'S DIFFERENT
    ★THE BEDROOM
    ☆ IT'S NOTHING BUT A LIE ---------------------------
    DEADFLEURETTE
    LULU
    PAULINE
    UNE FILLE COMME MOI
    THE CHERRY BLOSSOM GIRL
    POLKADOTS VODKASHOTS
    ARVIDA
    CHILDHOOD FLAMES
    LISA PLACE
    GILLE KRIVICH
    THAT'S JUST MY VIBE
    AWOW
    THE SARTORIALIST
    FACE HUNTER --------------------------
    ☆JENNY TEE'S WISH/TO BUY LIST
    ★ MOEY'S WISH/TO BUY LIST
    designed. suckmylolly.com
    [original template here]

    customised.
    jenny.tee

    header photo from. theskullset.com